Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Letter to My Future Spouse: 3 Things I Want You to Know











Tonight I wanted to post something that I had posted on Facebook a couple of months ago. I feel that it is important that each of us do the things listed for our future spouse, whether it be ones future husband or wife. While the wording is written by man, the principles are grounded in the Word of God.

1. I want you to know I am praying for you.

I am praying that you will love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and that you will love His Word and allow it to bloom you into Christlikeness. I am praying that you will find your beauty and identity in Christ and reflect His character. I pray that you will be gracious, speaking the truth in love and avoiding gossip; that you will be grateful and find your contentment in Christ, not your circumstances; and that you will be hospitable and diligently serve others with Christlike joy. I also pray that you will be loving, patient, hard to offend and quick to forgive; and that you will be devoted to prayer and effectively intercede for others. Finally, I pray that you will keep your life pure and holy, acceptable unto God.

2. I want you to know I am preparing myself for you.

I am learning to love God with everything I am more and more every day so I will be prepared to love you more. I am fully embracing my responsibilities before God so I am prepared to care for you. Every day I sacrifice myself before God so I will be prepared to do all things for His glory. I strive to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly before God now so I will be prepared to do those things as the spiritual leader of our home. I am resolved to live with honor and integrity so no one will be able to accuse me of doing wrong toward you or our future children. I am learning to be faithful in little things so I will be prepared to always be faithful to you. Which brings me to number 3:

3. I want you to know I am preserving myself for you.

I have made my mistakes, but I have come before God with "a broken and a contrite heart (Psalm 51:17)" and have asked Him to "create in me a clean heart ... and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10)." I have resolved before God live out Matthew 5:8- in purity, free from moral fault and guilt. This begins with my eyes (Job 31:1) and ends with my heart(Proverbs 4:23). My desire is to make it easy for me to do right and difficult for me to sin. I have also made the decision to walk in the Spirit, as it is impossible for me to sin while I am in constant fellowship with Him.


Go live for Christ and may God bless our future home together.

No comments:

Post a Comment