Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Courageous Teen Resolution

This is a resolution that I personally wrote for myself. If you so desire, I encourage you to take the principles which I found in the scriptures and apply them to your life. I believe that God wants us to live our lives with resolve, wholeheartedly sold out for Him!!

I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my thoughts, my words, my actions.
  1. I will seek to live by faith, live with virtue, grow in knowledge, control myself, be patient, become more like Jesus, show kindness to my brothers and sisters in Christ, and love everyone sacrificially, no matter what they have done to me. (I Peter 1:5-7)
  2. I will love my family, be a servant to all, and be diligent in learning the word of God. (John 3:13-20; II Peter 3:18)
  3. I will keep my eyes, my ears, my mouth, and my body pure. (I Timothy 5:22b)
  4. I will honor my parents, and strive to obey them with a good attitude. (Ephesians 6:1-3)
  5. I will love the Lord my God with all of my heart, all of my mind, and all of my strength. (Matthew 22:37-38)
  6. I will praise the Lord with all of my being. (Psalm 34:1)
  7. I will honor authority and live responsibly. (I Timothy 2:1-2)
  8. I will confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy. (Micah 6:8)
  9. I will resist temptation and rely on God for strength through every day. (James 4:7; Proverbs 3:5-6)
  10. I will diligently do my work, not be lazy. (James 2:17; Proverbs 6:6-8)
  11. I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged. (Matthew 6:14-15)
  12. I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a young person answerable to God. (I John 1:9; Romans 10:9)
  13. I will seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His word, and do His will. (Revelation 4:11; Hebrews 10:25; James 1:22; Romans 12:1-2)
  14. I will be grateful for whatever God gives me. (Philippians 4:11)
  15. I will seek Godly counsel in every decision that I make. (Proverbs 11:14)
  16. I will help my friends through their hard times and rejoice with them in their good times. (Proverbs 17:17)
  17. I will not boast in my own abilities, but I will give all of the glory to the Lord. (Galatians 6:14)
  18. I will courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers. (I Timothy 4:12)

*Adapted from The Courageous Resolution*

1 comment: